Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Eve at the Boston Pops!

Nate and I figured we would take advantage of the fact we weren't traveling or having guests to do something cool with the girls. We want them to appreciate music and the arts as much as we do, so I guess it's never too early to start exposing them to that sort of event especially when there is a shorter children's program you can attend and it involves Santa and singing Christmas carols. And fancy dresses.


Ruth is getting pretty handsy lately.




So the girls dresses were a little ridiculously fancy but they were so cute. I was pretty nervous that Josie would refuse to wear hers being that it wasn't blue and sparkly and a tutu, but we talked it up a lot and called it her "symphony dress" and she was very excited to wear it. Ruth's dress was sort of a sheath and that was totally ridiculous because how do you get a sheath to cover a diaper? Answer, you don't. So it was more like a ruffly bunchy shirt and then the fancy diaper cover that we had, but she was cute anyways! They were so cute in fact that an older Grannie came up to us in the bathroom and said "Thank you so much for dressing them like this. This is the reason that I come to the Children's Matinee." So that was nice. Obviously I think we were the handsomest family there, but really all the kids were dressed in their finest gay apparel for the occasion, and they loved the show too which I guess is the most important thing.

So I actually hadn't thought about what we were wearing for church tomorrow in case these got dirty or whatever so I figured we should take some pictures before we changed.....


Ella has a new "picture face". It's not great.



They were so tired from behaving spectacularly at the symphony that they snuggled up like this to watch a TV show when we got home.

I tried to pop Ruth in with them, but she was more interested in eating the tulle on Ella's dress.



I asked them to give her a kiss.


So Ruth needed her own photo shoot.




"I'm going to get that bell, and I'm going to eat it."


"WTF this is not a real candy cane!"




No comments:

Post a Comment